Me and my Baby Girl

Me and my Baby Girl

Monday 12 September 2016

My third child is coming...

I am about to have my third child. Yes, my third. I’ve lost count of the number of people offering me advice about what it’s like when you have your second.
People shouldn’t use the phrase “When you have your second" with me. What they should say is, "Once you’ve got two in the house" or something like that. This would be much more sensitive, and indeed accurate. I’ve never had a newborn baby and an older child to look after all at the same time, the usual position of those having their second, but for me, my third child.
I want their advice about how to deal with two at once. I’m scared about how it is going to work, as most parents I’m sure must be when facing this prospect for the first time.
“How are you feeling about coping with a newborn with a 3 year old to look after aswell?” That would be a good question to ask me.
“My top tips on coping with a new baby and an older child are…" would be great advice.
Basically, any question, statement, or advice that doesn’t refer to this baby as my second, or refer to ‘when you have your second’ is absolutely fine with me and indeed welcomed.
I can't help it, he’s my third. It's important to me that people remember x

No comments:

Post a Comment